Ph.D: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India, 2019
Major: Mechanical Engineering and Solid Mechanics
M.Tech: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India, 2019
Major: Mechanical Engineering and Solid Mechanics
B.Tech: Mahatma Gandhi University Kottayam, India, 2009
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Dr. Ravi Sankar Haridas is a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering at University of North Texas since spring 2022. He holds Ph.D. and M.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. His research interests include experimental solid mechanics, additive manufacturing, mechanical characterization, friction stir welding/processing, solid-state processing of metals, microstructure-property correlation, high strain rate deformation, and high entropy alloys. He has published around 30 research papers in peer reviewed journals and conferences which includes two review papers.
My research mainly focuses on processing-microstructure-property correlation in metallic alloys. In specific, I am actively working on following research topics.
- Deformation mechanisms during high strain rate deformation of alloys.
- Mechanical and microstructural characterization of additively manufactured alloys.
- Deformation mechanisms in high entropy alloys.
- Microstructure based probabilistic modeling for fatigue life estimation.
- Friction stir welding/processing and solid-state processing.
- Numerical investigation on the energy absorption of perforated cylinders under axial impact. XXVII International Conference - MCM 2017, Sep 2017, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Experimental and analytical study on the collapse of perforated shells under axial impact. XXVII International Conference - MCM 2017, Sep 2017, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Energy absorption characteristics of perforated stubby shells under axial impact loading, INCAM 2017, July 2017, MNNIT Allahabad, India.
- Deformation of perforated cylinders under pulse loading, 17th International conference on Experimental Mechanics, July 2016, Rhodes Island, Greece.
- Behavior of thin walled cylinders under dynamic axial impact, 11th International symposium on impact and plasticity, IMPLAST 2016, Dec 2016, Delhi, India.
- Deformation of thin walled perforated shells under dynamic pulse loading, 57th congress of ISTAM, Dec 2012, Defense Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune, India.
- Deformation of perforated thin walled cylinders under pulse loading, XVII NASAS, Seminar on Aerospace Structures, Sep 2011, IIT Kanpur, India.
- M.S.K.K.Y Nartu, A. Sharma, S.A. Mantri, R.S. Haridas, R. Banerjee, Increasing the yield strength while preserving strain hardenability and ductility in a beta titanium alloy exhibiting transformation induced plasticity (TRIP) (Under review with Scripta Materialia, Elsevier, Manuscript no. SMM-22-0323)
- P. Agrawal, R.S. Haridas, S. Yadav, S. Thapliyal, A. Dhal, R.S. Mishra, Microstructural evolution for additive friction stir deposited SS316 (Under review with Additive Manufacturing, Elsevier, Manuscript no. ADDMA-D-21-03165)
- S. Gupta, R.S. Haridas, P. Agrawal, R.S. Mishra, Influence of welding speed on mechanical, microstructural, and corrosion properties of friction stir welded AA 7017-T651 alloy (Under review with Materials Science and Eng. A, Elsevier, Manuscript no. MSEA-D-22-00067).
- R.S. Haridas, P. Agrawal, S. Yadav, P. Agrawal, A. Gumaste, R.S. Mishra, Work hardening in metastable high entropy alloys: a modified five parameter model, Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 2022.
- R.S. Mishra, R.S. Haridas, P. Agrawal; Friction stir-based additive manufacturing; Science and Technology of Welding and Joining, Vol. 27, Issue 3, 141-165, 2022.
- P. Agrawal, S. Gupta, S. Thapliyal, S. Shukla, R.S. Haridas, R.S. Mishra; Additively manufactured novel Al-Cu-Sc-Zr alloy: Microstructure and mechanical properties; Additive Manufacturing; 37; 101623; 2021
- R.S Haridas, P. Agrawal, S. Thapliyal, S. Yadav and R.S. Mishra, B. A. McWilliams, K.C. Cho; Strain rate sensitive microstructural evolution in a TRIP assisted high entropy alloy: Experiments, microstructure, and modeling; Mechanics of Materials; 156; 103798; 2021.
- R.S. Mishra, R.S. Haridas, P. Agrawal; High Entropy Alloys – Tunability of deformation mechanisms through integration of compositional and microstructural domains; Mater. Sci. Eng. A.; 141085; 2021.
- S. Yadav, Q. Zhang, A. Behera, R.S. Haridas, P. Agrawal, J. Gong, R.S. Mishra; Role of binder phase on the microstructure and mechanical properties of a mechanically alloyed and spark plasma sintered WC-FCC HEA composites; Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 877, 160205, 2021.
- M.S.K.K.Y. Nartu, M. Pole, S.A. Mantri, R.S. Haridas, T.W. Scharf, B. McWilliams, K.C. Cho, N.B. Dahotre, R. Banerjee; Process Induced Multi-layered Titanium – Boron Carbide Composites via additive manufacturing; Additive Manufacturing, 46, 102156, 2021.
- R.S. Haridas, P. Agrawal, R. S. Mishra; Modeling the work hardening behavior in metastable high entropy alloys; Mater. Sci. Eng. A, 141778, 2021.
- P. Agrawal, R.S. Haridas, S. Yadav, S. Thapliyal, S. Gaddam, R. Verma, R.S. Mishra; Processing-structure-property correlation in additive friction stir deposited Ti-6Al-4V from recycled metal chips; Additive Manufacturing, Vol. 47, 102259, 2021.
- R.S. Haridas, P. Agrawal, S. Thapliyal, S. Yadav, R. S. Mishra, B.A. McWilliams, K.C. Cho; Metastable high entropy alloys: An excellent candidate for process induced defect tolerant material for additive manufacturing, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, Vol. 826, 142005, 2021.
- P.D. Awasthi, P. Agrawal, R.S. Haridas, R.S. Mishra, M. T. Stawovy, S. Ohm, A. Imandoust; Mechanical Properties and Microstructural Characteristics of Additively Manufactured C103 Niobium alloy, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, Vol. 831, 142183, 2021.
- S. Muskeri, S. Jha, P. A. Jannotti, R.S. Haridas, B. E. Schuster; J.T. Lloyd, R.S. Mishra, S. Mukherjee; Excellent Ballistic Impact Resistance of Al0.3CoCrFeNi Multi-principal element alloy with unique bimodal microstructure, Nature Sci. Rep., Vol. 11 (1), 2021.
- S. Sinha, M. Komarasamy, T. Wang, R.S. Haridas, P. Agrawal, S. Shukla, S. Thapliyal, M. Frank, R.S. Mishra; Notch-tensile behavior of Al0.1CrFeCoNi high entropy alloy, Mater. Sci. Eng. A. 774 (2020).
- R.S. Haridas, S. Thapliyal, P. Agrawal, R.S. Mishra; Defect-based probabilistic fatigue life estimation model for an additively manufactured aluminum alloy, Mater. Sci. Eng. A. 798 (2020).
- R.S. Haridas, Venkitanarayanan Parameswaran; Energy absorption characteristics of cylinders having circular perforations under axial impact, International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol. 122, 346-362, 2018.
- R.S. Haridas, Venkitanarayanan Parameswaran; Effect of multiple holes on dynamic buckling of stubby shells: An experimental and numerical investigation, International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol. 96, 129-145, 2016.
- R.S. Haridas, M. Adamvalli, Prasad P. Kulkarni, Venkitanarayanan Parameswaran; Dynamic strength of single lap joints with similar and dissimilar adherends, International Journal of Adhesion and Adhesives, Vol. 56, 46-52, 2015.
- Professional Experience
Research Assistant Professor: Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of North Texas, (Feb 2022- )
Post-doctoral research associate: Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of North Texas, (Oct 2018-Jan 2022)
Research Assistant: Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (Aug 2016-July 2018)
Teaching Assistant: Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (July 2010-July 2016)
- About Us